About Our School:
Woodside Parents' Nursery School (WPNS) is a California-licensed cooperative preschool with roots in the Woodside community dating back to its founding in 1973. Our school is nestled in the serene, natural setting of Woodside, surrounded by beautiful oak trees, right next to the Woodside Library. Visit our website at www.woodsideparents.org.
WPNS provides an environment that nurtures children's self-esteem, creativity, imagination and a love for learning. We are seeking energetic, passionate, creative, nurturing and team- oriented teachers to join our warm, friendly staff.
We are seeking a part-time teacher for our 3 year old class to work alongside 2 other teachers and 2 volunteer/working parents. Hours will be 8:30 am - 12:30 pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. There will also be a monthly staff meeting from 1:00-3:00 pm in addition to teacher team meetings that are also 2 hours/month.
The ideal candidate will have:
· A minimum of 12 core units in ECE
· Knowledge and experience working in a play-based program;
· Experience working at a cooperative preschool;
· A strong background and understanding of child development in children ages 2-5 years old;
· A strong understanding of social and emotional development in young children;
· A passion for teaching and life-long learning;
· An openness for feedback and self-reflection;
· An understanding that all preschool programs are different and it will take time to learn your new position;
· A commitment to developing a strong and dynamic learning community for children and parents;
· A team-player attitude and willingness to work collaboratively;
· A passion for partnering with parents to nurture their children;
· An innovative, creative, and open mind;
· A belief in positive direction;
· A loving approach to discipline;
· An understanding of the importance of using clear and positive statements when guiding children;
· A commitment to professional development.
· At least 1 year of teaching experience with children ages 2 to 5 years;
· Regular work attendance on a consistent basis to ensure coverage and to build relationships with children and families in order to assess children's growth and progress and create community at school;
· Physical ability to interact with children, including not limited to: picking up children weighing up to 40 lbs, for example to change diapers or pick up a hurt child, standing for long periods, as well as being able to supervise children, climbing or moving around on the playground equipment to help a child or children, squatting, kneeling and sitting (to be at the child's level) for short and long periods to allow communication with the children in an effective manner, intervening as needed if children are in a dangerous situation or having a difficult interaction with another child;
· Up-to-date Immunizations for Measles, Pertussis & Flu;
· COVID-19 vaccination;
· Negative TB Test;
· Pediatric CPR;
· Fingerprint clearance.
· State of California Department of Justice Clearance
· Provide responsive, relationship-based care, and create a stimulating environment for children.
· Help develop creative and age appropriate activities based on children’s interests.
· Work with your team to develop age-appropriate curriculum.
· Create a nurturing environment for play and exploration for children.
· Build and nurture partnerships with parents, including parent communication and involvement.
· Work in a collaborative relationship with other staff in the classroom and with the management team.
· Conduct teacher/parent conferences once per year.
· Perform regular maintenance/cleaning tasks e.g., arranging the classroom and the yard each afternoon and each morning, moving light weight furniture, picking up toys, picking up boxes, emptying the contents, breaking down boxes.
· Adhere to procedures related to supervision, boundaries, and safety of children at all times. Follow mandated reporting requirements as stated by CA licensing and best practices.
Compensation is based on education and experience, ranging from $20.00-$28.00. We offer PTO as per California State law and some paid holidays.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume, including salary requirements, to our Director, Karen Trudell, at email@example.com, with the subject line: Teaching Position. No phone calls, please.